WELCOME to St James’, Meltham Mills.
St James’ Church has an informal, welcoming atmosphere with a diverse range of ministries.
Sunday services start at 9:30am.
Inclusivity and diversity are important to us. This is reflected in the variety of worship services and a growing children’s ministry. Types of service include:
- All Age Worship when children play an important part in delivering the service.
- Holy Communion.
- Service of the Word
- On fifth Sundays, and occasionally for other special occasions, we share in a joint worship service of the four Church of England Churches around Meltham. The location for this rotates around the four church buildings.
- Please see the Parish Facebook page for information about other special services and events and changes to the normal service pattern.
In addition to our Sunday worship, St James’ plays host to a number of other ministries:
- On Friday mornings from April to October the church is open for volunteers to help in the shoebox ministry of Teams4U. Christmas gifts for underprivileged children throughout the world are packaged and prepared for checking and distribution during the month of November when St James’ Church becomes a warehouse distribution centre for the project.
- On Friday mornings, a team of volunteers come together for a craft group where greeting cards are recycled to raise funds for the Welcome Centre which supports local people in need.
- There are several Oasis Quiet Days organised throughout the year which are open to anyone who wants to take some time out of the rush and bustle of life to enjoy quiet, reflective prayer.
- Seasonal events such as Carols in the Park, the Christmas Eve Crib Service, Holy Week early morning meditations and our Harvest Festival also bring joy and peace to many at special times of the year.
- The Church is committed to supporting mission abroad through CMS in Spain, Meltham Mustard Seed in Uganda, Jigsaw Ministries in the Philippines and, closer to home, the Crossroads Meltham Food Bank.
For more information on any of these services, events and ministries please refer to the Parish contact page.